About the 21st IGWT Symposium
We are happy to invite you to the 21st IGWT Symposium, which will be organized by the Department of Business Studies at Roma Tre University.
The Symposium title for this edition is: “Sustainability, Quality and Innovation: A Global View of Commodity Sciences”, and the Scientific and Cultural program will take place between Rome and Gaeta, from September 20th to the 25th, 2018.
As the sustainability concept is based on three main pillars, the economic, the environmental and the social one, the evolution of Commodity Sciences’ studies in recent years is following different paths of research. If the final goal remains the creation of value for the products and services given to the final customers, the global environment in which companies have to compete presents every day new challenges.
Therefore, we decided to focus this year’s Symposium on three of the main pillars of our studies, always characterized by their multidisciplinary approach.
Sustainability, quality and technological innovation are relevant drivers for companies’ competitiveness, considering their capability to improve products and processes by different points of view.
The 21st IGWT Symposium will focus on these aspects, which have been declined in a wide range of topics, in order to allow a so-called “global view” of our research efforts.
The official language of the Symposium will be English.
IGWT 2018 will cover the following topics:
- Achievements and Challenges of Commodity Science
- Circular Economy
- Climate Change and Energy Production and Consumption
- Commodity Science, Technology and Chemistry
- Corporate Environmental Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Customer Satisfaction and Consumer Protection
- Economic and Marketing Aspects in Commodity Science
- Environmental certifications and eco-labels
- Industrial Symbiosis
- Operations, Logistics and Quality Management
- Performance economy; Sharing Economy; Collaborative consumption; Product-As-Service; Product-Service-Systems
- Quality and Safety of Food Products
- Sustainable Tourism and Cultural Heritage
- Technology Innovation for a Sustainable Production
- Tools and Indicators for Evaluating Environmental Impacts
- Waste Management